Aerometrex has completed the acquisition of the Australian aerial imagery subscription operations of Spookfish Australia Pty Ltd and its parent company EagleView Technologies Australia. With this acquisition, existing customers of EagleView shall transition to Aerometrex’s subscription service, MetroMap in a phased manner.
This acquisition expands Aerometrex’s already extensive imagery coverage and aligns with the company’s strategy to pursue growth opportunities within the high-end geospatial market. Aerometrex shall also explore opportunities to collaborate their efforts with EagleView within the artificial-intelligence driven spatial analytics domain as well as Aerometrex’s highly advanced 3D modelling service in the United States, where Aerometrex has recently launched operations. Aerometrex Managing Director, Mark Deuter is pleased to have established a strong relationship with EagleView and he sees the two companies’ activities to be highly complementary.
With this acquisition, our joint customers will receive the best service and product offering available in the market today, by combining Aerometrex and EagleView data assets and capabilities. These customers shall now have access to:
- Combined EagleView Australia and MetroMap datasets, including all historical archives, providing a much greater range of coverage, both temporally and spatially.
- Aerometrex’s cutting-edge camera technology MetroCam under MetroMap licensing on an ongoing basis
- MetroMap’s intuitive web-based interface with tools to view, measure and export
- 3D datasets available in MetroMap with viewing capability for some areas in the same web browser as the 2D aerial imagery service, at no extra charge; customers can also save on bundled 2D and 3D solutions
- Future developments and additional updates to the MetroMap offering, that may include LiDAR-derived elevation data, subject to their subscription plan
We are excited to welcome all our new customers to the Aerometrex family and look forward to the opportunity to serve them with our MetroMap product.
This is what Rishi Daga, CEO of EagleView, had to say about the acquisition – “Aerometrex shares our dedication to aerial capture quality and accuracy, making them the ideal partner for image capture in the Australia region. This arrangement ensures excellent continuity for our customers by providing world class image capture, 3D modeling, machine-learning derived data, and automated workflows for government, insurance, construction, solar, and more.” Read the full announcement from EagleView here.
MetroMap is an internet-based geospatial data subscription service, offering high-quality and accurate 2D aerial imagery and 3D models to a very wide subscriber base, brought to you by Aerometrex. With coverage across Australia, MetroMap fulfils all the quality and accuracy requirements of sophisticated geospatial data users and provides an easy-to-consume product for varied applications across a diverse range of industries. Accessible via web-app or your own GIS, MetroMap imagery is available in 2D as well as 3D with tools to support your business requirement. Visit the MetroMap website to learn more.
Australia customers will be receiving communications from EagleView and Aerometrex representatives soon with next steps. In the meantime, if you have any questions pertaining to this acquisition and how it may affect you, our team is here to support you. Feel free to contact us on (08) 8362 9911 or write to us here.